If you are new to Crunchyroll, you would want to know how Crunchyroll subscriptions work in order to get the most out of this amazing anime platform.
In this comprehensive overview, we’ll let you know what we think about the layers of Crunchyroll’s subscription plans, from the perks of going premium to the step-by-step process of upgrading.
How does Crunchyroll Subscription Work?
Crunchyroll offers both free and premium subscription plans.
With a free Crunchyroll account, you can watch ad-supported content with some limitations, such as lower video quality and access to a limited library.
In contrast, a premium subscription comes with several benefits, but it is essential to pay monthly for the subscription.
To subscribe to Crunchyroll Premium plans, you usually need to create an account on their website and choose a subscription plan.
Subscription fees vary based on the plan you select and the region you are in.
They often offer a free trial period for new subscribers, allowing you to explore the premium features before committing to a subscription.
What are the Crunchyroll Subscription Plans?
Crunchyroll offers three paid subscription plans for its anime streaming services named Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultimate Fan, catering to different user preferences and budgets. Here, we have listed those plans along with their features.
Fan Plan ($7.99/month):
- Ad-free viewing.
- Unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library.
- New episodes are available shortly after Japan.
- Stream on one device at a time.
- Offline viewing.
- Access to manga and other content.
Mega Fan Plan ($9.99/month):
- All features of the Fan Plan are included.
- Four devices can be used to watch simultaneously.
- Discounts on merchandise.
- First access to events.
Ultimate Fan Plan ($14.99/month):
- All features of the Mega Fan Plan are included.
- Six devices can be used to watch simultaneously.
- Additional discounts on merchandise.
- Early access to events.
If you are a die-hard Anime fan, we highly recommend activating the Crunchyroll Ultimate Fan as it provides the luxury of adding up to six users to the account so that you get the opportunity to share your favorite Crunchyroll content with your friends or family members.
Crunchyroll also offers a free account with ads, which allows users to access a limited selection of titles and simulcasts. The paid plans provide access to the entire library, simulcasts, and other features in high definition, so if you crazily love watching anime like we do, you can go for one of these paid plans!
Does Crunchyroll Have a Free Trial?
Yes, Crunchyroll has a 14-day free trial for its premium subscription plans. Throughout this trial period, users have full access to the chosen plan’s features.
Once the trial concludes, users will be billed the monthly subscription fee unless they opt to cancel.
Subscription costs vary, ranging from $7.99 to $14.99 per month, contingent on the selected plan.
The more advanced plans come with extra perks, including multi-device streaming, merchandise discounts, and early access to special events.
However, the free tier grants access to only a restricted assortment of titles within Crunchyroll’s extensive library.
How to Activate Crunchyroll Premium Plans?
There are two methods available to activate Crunchyroll paid plans.
- Log in to your Crunchyroll account or create one
- You will see the “Start Free Trial” option on all three paid plans.
- Choose the plan that is most suitable for you and click on “Start Free Trial.”
- Enter your preferred payment method.
- Click on “Subscribe.”
- Once the payment is completed, your subscription will be activated immediately.
Redeeming a Gift Card
- Navigate to the Crunchyroll’s “Redeem Your Gift Card Page.”
- Enter the gift card’s security code
- Tap on “Redeem.”
- Now you can use the Gift card’s credit to activate your desired Crunchyroll plan.
Read our report on how to redeem a Crunchyroll gift card for a better idea.